Zündungsplus, D+ ? (Englisch)

Mercedes Sprinter 2 (Typ NCV3, Baumuster W906) & VW Crafter 1 - ab 2006 bis 2017 bzw. 2018
Antworten
freestyleframework
Ganz neu hier
Ganz neu hier

Zündungsplus, D+ ? (Englisch)

Beitrag von freestyleframework »

Themenstarter

Hello,

I want to setup a Renogy DCDC charger. I need to connect the "ignition on" cable from the charger to the D+ signal, but my sprinter does not seem to have the X145 or EK1 Terminal.

It's a 2016 Sprinter 316 (from Germany, automatic).

I'm also trying to get help on the sprinter-source forum, but it seems standard to have the EK1 terminal in the US, but not in Europe, so I was thinking maybe someone here has another solution.
Der-Chris
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause

Re: Zündungsplus, D+ ? (Englisch)

Beitrag von Der-Chris »

There are different solutions. Either you have a PSM, then its easy the put the signal to a pin or you can use the signal of the daytime running lights (they are only active if the engine is running) or you can use a d+ simulater, that creates a signal if it detects vibrations from a running engine....
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor Der-Chris für den Beitrag:
freestyleframework (08 Jan 2023 15:05)
hljube
Wohnt hier
Wohnt hier

Galerie

Beitrag von hljube »

Or search if your SAM has the Pin vor D+ (plug x3 pin 34 if i'm recalling it right.
But you might as well buy a CANM8 Can bus to Analog signal Converter with the desired functions.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor hljube für den Beitrag:
freestyleframework (08 Jan 2023 15:05)
MFG
Julian

-1988er T3 1.6TD (RIP)
-2012er W906 313 L2H1
wlfnkls
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause

Beitrag von wlfnkls »

Another possibility is to use a free fuse holder that runs Kl15.
You will find it in your "fuses and Relais" overview.

I myself solved it by using this external fuse holder that allows you to run the original wire (if any is connected. Was not in my case) plus a new one which will act as your D+
IMG_20220806_153037.jpg
I attached that fuse holder to a free place which has a wire attached for the back windows wipers or something.
At least my van doesn't have back windows and there is no cable leaving the free fuse holder, it runs Kl15, perfect for me.
I added a switch to decide myself weither the B2B charger runs or not
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor wlfnkls für den Beitrag:
freestyleframework (08 Jan 2023 15:51)
Gruß
Niklas

Reiseblog
freestyleframework
Ganz neu hier
Ganz neu hier

Themenstarter

Big thanks for the help guys! Just to be clear I am completely clueless about these things, but trying to learn and keep an open mind.
Der-Chris hat geschrieben: 08 Jan 2023 14:27 There are different solutions. Either you have a PSM, then its easy the put the signal to a pin or you can use the signal of the daytime running lights (they are only active if the engine is running) or you can use a d+ simulater, that creates a signal if it detects vibrations from a running engine....
Not sure what a PSM looks like or where it could be located. Is it supposed to be underneath the seat? I tried to google for it and found some things, but I cannot post links since I am a new user.

Using the signal of the daytime lights sounds good, how do I do this? Sorry I basically don't know anything about how to connect cables :oops: would like to keep soldering at a minimum, prefer lever wire connectors and crimping...

d+ simulater also sounds good, but would liketo try the other solutions first.
hljube hat geschrieben: 08 Jan 2023 14:56 Or search if your SAM has the Pin vor D+ (plug x3 pin 34 if i'm recalling it right.
But you might as well buy a CANM8 Can bus to Analog signal Converter with the desired functions.
Is the SAM located under the dashboard? If it has that pin, how do I connect the cable to it? I'm sorry I know I sound dumb...
If I knew what I was doing, then it probably would be simpler to buy more equipement. But I really don't know and would like to do the least complicated thing. Maybe getting the signal converter is?
wlfnkls hat geschrieben: 08 Jan 2023 15:26 Another possibility is to use a free fuse holder that runs Kl15.
You will find it in your "fuses and Relais" overview.

I myself solved it by using this external fuse holder that allows you to run the original wire (if any is connected. Was not in my case) plus a new one which will act as your D+
IMG_20220806_153037.jpg
I attached that fuse holder to a free place which has a wire attached for the back windows wipers or something.
At least my van doesn't have back windows and there is no cable leaving the free fuse holder, it runs Kl15, perfect for me.
I added a switch to decide myself weither the B2B charger runs or not
This seems like something I could actually do without messing up everything! Thanks for adding the picture too. How did you attach the fuse holder to the free place? Is it a special holder or do I need to do something with the cable?

I checked the fuse and relay overview and back window wipers are fuse holder no.2, which it looks like in your picture. That would work for me too, since I don't have any rear windows.

I will go out and check on my van. Otherwise, how do I know which fuse holder runs Kl15? Is Kl15 same thing as ignition signal?

I also just want to check, you write "a free place which has a wire attached" and "no cable leaving the free fuse holder", should I check whether there are cables leaving or will all the fuse holders be connected to some sort of signal?

Edit: I think I found the fuse holder you used. I can't post links since I am new on this forum, but I searched for "piggyback fuse adapter" on Amazon and it looks like it.
Zuletzt geändert von freestyleframework am 08 Jan 2023 15:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
wlfnkls
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause

Beitrag von wlfnkls »

No, its a simple fuse holder, which fits in the fuse holder in that board.
You just have to buy the correct size.

The fuses and Relais overview tells you, if it's Kl15.
But at least you can just measure it.
No key or key not turned: 0V
Key turned in first or 2nd position: 12V

This seems not be ideal, but it's easy to achieve

You may even find a holder that runs 12V only in 2nd key position (engine runs)
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor wlfnkls für den Beitrag:
freestyleframework (08 Jan 2023 15:57)
Gruß
Niklas

Reiseblog
freestyleframework
Ganz neu hier
Ganz neu hier

Themenstarter

wlfnkls hat geschrieben: 08 Jan 2023 15:55 No, its a simple fuse holder, which fits in the fuse holder in that board.
You just have to buy the correct size.

The fuses and Relais overview tells you, if it's Kl15.
But at least you can just measure it.
No key or key not turned: 0V
Key turned in first or 2nd position: 12V

This seems not be ideal, but it's easy to achieve

You may even find a holder that runs 12V only in 2nd key position (engine runs)
Thanks for the quick response! I found the holder on Amazon.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor freestyleframework für den Beitrag:
Krelo (09 Jan 2023 06:44)
wlfnkls
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause

Beitrag von wlfnkls »

There a different size for that kind of fuses.
Since I'm not sure which size you need (and I'm currently hiking in Italy ;) ) you should measure the fuse that sits in the board of your van.

Good luck!

Ah...
If you want to use Kl15: keep in mind that if you want to run the radio without engine running, your B2B charger will run, too. This is another reason why I placed a switch
Gruß
Niklas

Reiseblog
wlfnkls
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause

Beitrag von wlfnkls »

freestyleframework hat geschrieben: 08 Jan 2023 15:51 I also just want to check, you write "a free place which has a wire attached" and "no cable leaving the free fuse holder", should I check whether there are cables leaving or will all the fuse holders be connected to some sort of signal?
My bad, sorry.
In my case, there is only 1 wire attached to the fuse holder.
Since it runs 12V, but has no second wire connected, it means that there is a signal, but no electrical part uses it.

You will find holders with more than one cable connected or even with no cable connected.

In my case, I felt safe enough knowing that there is no other part consuming from this signal.

Hope this is clear now :)
Gruß
Niklas

Reiseblog
Der-Chris
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause
Fühlt sich wie zu Hause

Beitrag von Der-Chris »

Clamp 15 (kl 15) is the ignition signal..that means, that your b2b Charger drains your starter battery if the ignition is turned on for a longer time (but you should not do that anyways).
The PSM (parametrizable special module) is located under the Driver seat but you can also check with your VIN and a online vin decoder if your car is equipped with it.
The SAM is located above/behind the Fuses that are on the left side of the of your pedals.
Antworten